Complete Contest Rules
- All videos are to be submitted for judging via YouTube and Google Drive.
- Each contestant must complete and submit an official contest entry form that clearly indicates the direct web address of their video submission on YouTube and Google Drive. All contest entry forms must be typed.
- Contestants must indicate on the entry form that the video submission is an entirely original work by the contestant or his/her team and must grant contest organizers unrestricted use and reproduction rights for any purposes.
- The video must not infringe upon or violate any laws or any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and must not lead to any cause of action including libel, defamation, privacy violation, contract breach or tort.
- Contestants must obtain all necessary permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and other approvals from third parties (including but not limited to all copyright holders and all individuals appearing in the video submission), necessary to use the video submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast the video submission worldwide, by any means. Any and all such permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and approvals must be attached to the contest entry form.
- All video submissions must be respectful and courteous, and in English. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit, and all videos are intended for the general public. Therefore, to protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include personal information such as phone numbers, social insurance numbers, banking information, resumes or email addresses in the videos.Contest organizers will not accept videos that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive.Contest organizers reserve the right to refuse, edit or remove any of the following:
– racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life
– threatening content- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
– abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic content
– content that encourages or suggests illegal activity
– announcements, solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any organizations and agencies
– attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency
– unintelligible or irrelevant content
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the contest’s spaces, accounts and channels, where applicable.
- All video spoken text must be transcribed in the language of the video (no translation required). Video transcripts must be word-processed and submitted with the contest application.
- Any statistics used within the video must include the source of the information.
Your safety when making the video
- Your own personal safety and the safety of your cast, crew and others involved with the production of the video submission must be maintained. Do not endanger anyone during the making of your video.
- If you portray dangerous tasks in your video, you must follow all safety rules and take all precautions to prevent injuries.
- For team entries, the contest coordinator will issue the cheque to the team leader designated on the contest entry form.
- The chances of winning a prize depend on the total number and quality of eligible entries received before the closing date.
What you need to know about your video submission
- No entries will be returned. All entries become the property of the contest organizers.
- Each contestant (and, in the case of minors, a parent or guardian) must consent to the use, reproduction, publication, transmission and/or broadcasting of his/her name, address, likeness, school, age, grade and/or prize information, without compensation, in any advertisement, publication or promotion, for general news or other information purposes. Winners must also consent to their photographs being taken by the contest organizers for the same purposes, without further compensation. Each contestant (and his/her parent or guardian, if applicable) irrevocably and in perpetuity grants the contest organizers, without compensation, the right to use the video submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast the video submission worldwide, by any means.
- Each individual or, in the case of a team entry, team leader who submitted a winning entry will be notified by telephone or email that his/her entry has won by May 2019 and the procedure to follow to claim the applicable prize. If an individual or a team leader declines the prize, it will be forfeited and awarded to another entry in accordance with these contest rules. Only the winning entries will be notified. Selected winning videos will be posted on designated contest video site(s) in May 2019.
- If the contest organizers, in their sole discretion, deem that an insufficient quantity or quality of entries has been received, the contest organizers reserve the right not to award any prizes.
If you win a prize
- Before collecting a prize, each individual or team member involved in the creation of a winning entry, and, in the case of those individuals or team members who are minors, their parent or legal guardian will be required to sign a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules, and acceptance of the prize as awarded and assigning all rights, titles and interests in the entry to the contest organizers within seven (7) days of being notified that his/her entry has been selected.
- If a contestant is a minor, the contest will require his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s authorization before permitting the contestant to participate in the contest and accept a prize as awarded. In the case of a team entry, each member of the team who is not 18 years old must also obtain parental or guardian consent.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest for any reason, without any prior notice to any contestant.
- These rules may be changed without notice or reason including, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law. By entering this contest, contestants agree to abide by these rules and acknowledge that the contest organizers shall not be responsible for any damages, costs, demands, claims or losses of any kind, incurred by any contestant as a result of participation in this contest.
- This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and any applicable federal laws. These rules govern all aspects of the contest and are binding on all contestants and all other participants including parents, legal guardians and team members who sign the official entry form.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Submitting your entry
- Be sure that you have carefully read all the rules and have completed all appropriate sections of the official entry form, including all required signatures, and that any applicable copyright permissions are obtained and attached to your entry.
- Naseeha logos and #hereforyou files added to video submissions must not be altered or modified in any way.
- Video submissions must be accompanied by a fully completed official entry form, any permissions received to use copyrighted music or materials and a transcript of all spoken text in the video to be considered a valid entry.
- The contest organizers are not responsible for entries which are delayed, lost, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or destroyed. Any entry that is tampered with, unreadable or mutilated will be disqualified.
- Contestants are solely responsible for ensuring the link to their video on Google Drive is a valid link that takes the contest organizers directly to their submission, the link remains valid for the duration of the contest and that the contest organizers can download the video from where the contestant has posted their video. The video also cannot be altered, or re-uploaded, after the contest closing date. Entries not meeting these criteria will be disqualified.
How to submit your video and contest entry form
Official contest entry forms must accompany each video. It is the sole responsibility of the contestant to ensure the entry form is received before the contest closing date, Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm, Eastern Daylight Saving Time. Please note that late submissions will be disqualified.
- Post your video to YouTube and Google Drive
- Complete the official contest entry form, by saving it to your computer, typing in the required information (handwritten entries will not be accepted) and obtaining the required signatures. Make sure to include a direct link to your video on the form. Submit the form by email it or send it by regular mail per the instructions below. Applicable copyright permissions must be attached to your entry form as well as a transcript of your video.
- Send it to us by (either):
- scanning and emailing the entry form to email@example.com and including:
- the name of your video in the subject line
- Your name and, the email addresses of all members of your video submission team (if applying as a team) and a direct link to your video in the body of the email
- mail at:
- scanning and emailing the entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org and including:
Naseeha Mental Health
Attn: Video Contest
240 Superior Blvd, Suite 214
Mississauga, ON L5T 2L2
The contest organizers are not responsible for telephone, postal damage or delays, computer or network malfunction or error, whether technical or human in nature, communication disruption, or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the contest organizers. The contest organizers reserve the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.