Naseeha Youth Helpline (“Naseeha”) is a registered charitable organization. We provide confidential helpline for young Muslims to receive immediate, anonymous, and confidential support over the phone and over text from 12 – 12 pm, 7 days a week (Eastern Standard Time).
Naseeha launched in 2006, and since has been offering support to young Muslims in North America, to talk about, and work through their issues with our trained counsellors. Our trained counselors are themselves young Muslims with diverse backgrounds and experiences that give them a unique appreciation for the range of issues confronting Muslim youth today. Our mission is to establish a helpline that incorporates Islamic and prophetic-centered understandings and teachings. We also strive to raise public awareness into, and conduct and support research efforts regarding, effective solutions to support mental health among young Muslims in Canada and abroad.
At Naseeha, we aim to provide a progressive, high-value and high-quality service to all our callers. Statistics show that there is an urgent need for our counselling services and year over year our call statistics indicate the same. There is an increased demand for our service, and we are expanding our capacity and operations.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the communications and social media marketing within the organization. The successful candidate will focus primarily on content both as a strategy for delivering Naseeha’s programs and as a marketing strategy to grow and engage our members. Naseeha’s three core areas of program include the helpline, education, and web therapy.
Candidate will report to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Website Development and Management
● Recommend, implement, update, and maintain www.naseeha.org website design and operation
Create Event Marketing and Promotion Materials
● Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
● Manage event marketing strategies and create publicity and advertising materials
Ongoing Marketing & Communications Tasks
● Design and launch bi-weekly-newsletters and email marketing campaigns
● Develop marketing communications via campaigns, booklets and brouchures
● Provide counsel to Naseeha regional chapters on marketing, communications, and public relations
● Manage Naseeha’s national facebook page
● Manage Naseeha’s Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts
● Develop necessary reporting to reflect social media activity and engagement
● Create monthly content calendars for board’s review
● Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, and social media content
● Identify, develop, and execute communications strategy for key media contacts
● Research media coverage and industry trends
● Develop compelling marketing stories and strategies
The Marketing Coordinator should demonstrate the following:
● Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
● Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills
● Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout
● Knowledge of Photoshop / Canva is a plus
● Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
● Exceptional project management skills
● Must be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision and be able to work both independently and as part of a team
● Capable of setting priorities when multiple demands are present
The Marketing Coordinator will demonstrate competence in all the following:
● Creativity/Innovation: Develop new/unique ways to improve the outreach of Naseeha internationally and to create new opportunities
● Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, ensure his/her own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards, and aligns with the values of Naseeha
● Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of Naseeha
● Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
● Focus on Board, Staff and Membership Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of Naseeha’s Board, staff, and membership to meet or exceed their expectations within Naseeha’s parameters.
● Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
● Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of Naseeha.
● Decision-Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of Naseeha
● Organize: Set priorities and monitor progress towards Naseeha’s goals
● Problem-Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
● A minimum of bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
● Minimum of 2-3 years experience in marketing, communications, and public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector.
● Leadership, management, and fundraising experience in a non-profit organization.
During COVID-19, onboarding will be remote, and work will be partially performed remotely and partially at our new head office. Post COVID-19, some travel is required within Canada and US.
This role requires a high level of integrity, ethical behaviour, business practices and an ability to be a strong role model within the organization, and a strong brand ambassador for Naseeha in the community.
Address: 5648- Unit#2 McAdam Rd Mississauga, ON L4Z 1T2
Hours of work: up to 40 hours per week, including weekends and evenings (as needed).
Naseeha provides our community with the tools needed to address mental health. With our confidential helpline, our youth receives immediate, anonymous, and confidential support over the phone from 12 PM – 12 AM, 7 days a week. With our educational programs, we raise awareness within the community the stigma around mental health.
Stay up to date with the latest news and information on Naseeha.